About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Arsenal hero Wright slams Emery over Ceballos selection: Start him!by Freddie Taylor3 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveArsenal hero Ian Wright has questioned Unai Emery’s decision not to start Dani Ceballos in Monday’s loss to Sheffield United.The Spaniard was brought on as a second-half substitute and immediately provided the creative spark which Arsenal were severely lacking.Wright told Premier League Productions: “I think he’s [Emery] got to come here and Ceballos has to play. He’s played the youngsters and I’m pleased to see them in there, with Saka.”But Saka, for an 18-year-old, if you’re leaving Ozil totally out of the squad, then we have to see more from him [Saka], we have to see more from Joe [Willock].”Unfortunately, it was a game where it passed them both by and then it comes down to the manager and his choices.”He’s made the change at half-time, with Ceballos, so you’re thinking to yourself: ‘Why didn’t you start him in the first place?'”Start him. He’s someone that gets on the ball when they want to try and play out, [Matteo] Guendouzi’s got a lot of energy and get the boys playing.”[Pierre-Emerick] Aubameyang didn’t have anything to play off because there wasn’t any creativity.”
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik on Friday inaugurated the new building of New Usmanpur police station and flagged off All Women Patrol of Eastern Range.According to Delhi Police, new Usmanpur police station came in existence in the year 1999. “With the passage of time, senior officers felt the need for a new building for police Station New Usmanpur,” police said.The vision led to the construction of the new building of the New Usmanpur police station. According to police, the building has a library, yoga cum gym room, recreation room and mess/canteen. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder”The library contains books related to police, different laws and competitive exams. Apart from barracks, IO rooms, there is provisions of investigation wing,” police said. Adding further, the city police stated that a Skill Development Centre is also running in the police station under PMKY initiative for the youth of weaker sections of the area. Lots of trained youth from this centre got their job or have become self-dependent. Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-East) Rajendra Prasad Meena said that moving ahead, a step forward to ensure the safety and security of the girls and the women, “All Women Patrol teams of Eastern Range” has also been flagged off by the CP Delhi. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchings”All Women Patrol teams of Eastern Range will perform patrolling near girls schools, colleges, parks and other vulnerable places to encourage the sense of security among the girls and women,” police added. The women patrol teams will also ensure legal action against eve-teasers and anti-social elements. Recently CP Delhi Amulya Patnaik inaugurated DCP office complex of Outer-North district at Samaipur Badli police station. According to Delhi Police last year the construction of important building projects have been completed with constant review and liaison work with the concerned executing agencies and civic bodies. It includes four police stations and 312 staff quarters.
VANCOUVER – If it wasn’t for the scent, customers who wandered into Eden Medicinal Society would be forgiven for thinking they had entered a boutique health store rather than a marijuana dispensary.The distinctive fragrance greets shoppers at the door. It wafts from jars filled with bright green British Columbia bud lining spotless glass shelves. Flat-screen monitors on gleaming white walls display prices of golden hemp flower paste and mocha THC syrup.Behind the counter stands Vanessa Dandurand, the 30-year-old store manager with an encyclopedic knowledge of cannabis and many dedicated return customers.“For so many of our clients, this can be the only positive interaction they have all day. Their other stops today might be the pharmacy to pick up their prescription. It might be their doctor who tells them their cancer isn’t getting any better,” she said.The dispensary operates in the so-called grey market, or the portion of the marijuana industry that has both illegal and legal elements. Federal law bans selling weed over the counter, but Vancouver and Victoria have granted business licences to more than two dozen pot shops, including this Eden location.With legalization looming this summer, the fate of the licensed weed stores remains hazy. While the province has said it will allow both private and public shops, it has not released its full slate of regulations nor made clear how existing dispensaries will be incorporated.There are a dizzying number of questions for the province to consider, said Kerry Jang, a Vancouver councillor and co-chair of a provincial-municipal committee providing input on B.C.’s marijuana regulations.“If you were to roll in the current existing cannabis shops, right now they’re selling a lot of illegal product. We know under the federal rules they have to sell only product that’s grown by a licensed producer, so what happens to the old product?” he asked.“Is it destroyed? Are they allowed to sell it until the stocks are gone, or is it turned over, or do they have to get rid of it before they get a provincial licence?”Eden purchases its cannabis from small growers who hold Health Canada licences under the federal medical marijuana law, said community outreach co-ordinator Denise Brennan.Currently, the law only allows these licence-holders to grow for their own use or act as a designated grower for specific people. But Brennan said Eden plans to help its producers apply for micro-grower licences under the new legal regime.“It would make a lot of sense, in general, for independent dispensaries to continue along with their partnerships with micro-growers,” she said.The federal government has proposed a licensing program that includes micro-cultivation licences for small-scale growers, but the regulations have yet to be finalized.Canada should follow the lead of U.S. states that have successfully transitioned existing dispensaries into the legal market, said Jeremy Jacob, president of the Canadian Association of Medical Cannabis Dispensaries.In California, stores licensed by the local government were allowed to stay open until their application for a state licence was approved or denied, while Colorado gave priority to existing medical marijuana businesses and producers when it began licensing for recreational sales, he said.“They captured a whole bunch of the existing market and simply regulated it,” said Jacob. “They gave a head start to small business.”Jacob co-founded The Village dispensary, which he says is on track to receive a business licence from Vancouver. Co-founder Andrea Dobbs said she’s concerned about the federal government’s plan to take an extra year to legalize edible products.“I met a man yesterday who has been given two months to live,” she said. “A year is a long time when you have a life-threatening ailment.”Vancouver launched its licensing regime in 2015 after the number of illegal dispensaries in the city grew to nearly 100. Stores must pay a $30,000 annual fee and be located at least 300 metres away from schools, community centres and each other.Many unlicensed locations closed, but others have stayed open and racked up tens of thousands of dollars in unpaid fines. The city began asking for court injunctions against unlicensed stores in 2016, but a test case won’t be heard in court until September.Jang said he hopes provincial regulation speeds up the process of shutting down illegitimate shops.“We’re saying to the province: you have to be able to act on enforcement quickly,” he said, adding he hopes to see a system similar to what’s in place for alcohol.“The provincial liquor inspectors can go out and say, ‘This bar is selling to underage kids. We’re going to take away your licence and shut your doors.’ And there’s no buts about it. That’s it. It’s over.”B.C.’s Public Safety Ministry will announce details of the marijuana retail model in early February and enforcement is a key consideration, a spokesman said.“One of our top priorities is keeping the criminal out of the non-medical cannabis business,” he said. “In addition, an important part of implementing the new regulations will be public education and information.”A study published in the International Journal of Drug Policy last year surveyed more than 440 people who used cannabis and found they preferred buying it from dispensaries to growing it at home or getting it from a dealer.The data was collected in 2011, under a different medical cannabis regime, but it still sheds light on the relationships dispensaries have with patients, said co-author Zachary Walsh, who teaches psychology at the University of British Columbia.“Across the board, people really seemed to value the service dispensaries were offering,” he said. “There was certainly a strong bond between dispensary customers and proprietors.”— Follow @ellekane on Twitter.
If you have questions, please contact the Chamber office at 250-785-6037 FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Fort St. Chamber of Commerce has issued a special ‘Chamber Communicator’ to help assist members and businesses with information regarding the forestry sectors curtailments and closures.Through sharing information regarding funding opportunities, hiring opportunities and training opportunities the Chamber wants to be there to help.The Chamber shares, if you know someone who can benefit from the information to please share it.Northern Development announced the Forestry Affected Business (FAB) Consulting Rebate will reimburse small and medium-sized businesses for contracted consulting services. A rebate of up to 75 percent, to a maximum of $15,000, can be recovered for the cost of hiring a consultant to assist with business efforts.For more information; CLICK HERESupply Chain Connector is a search tool for industrial service and supply business in central and northern B.C. With easy access to a fully searchable database of businesses throughout the region.For more information; CLICK HEREWorkBC Fort St. John offers a wage subsidy program, self-employment services and employment skills workshops.For more information; CLICK HERE
Washington: Stepping up pressure on Iran, the US has deployed an aircraft carrier strike group and a bomber task force to the Middle East to send a “clear and unmistakable” message to Tehran that any attack on American interests or its allies will be met with “unrelenting force”. National Security Advisor John Bolton said the decision to deploy the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the US Central Command region in the Middle East was in response to a number of “troubling and escalatory indications and warnings” from Iran. The deployment of the strike group and bomber task force comes after US President Donald Trump last month refused to give waivers to countries like India from buying oil from Iran, in an attempt to reduce Iran’s oil exports to zero. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: ReportAfter coming to power, Trump unilaterally withdrew from the 2015 landmark Iranian nuclear deal last year and has imposed stringent sanctions against what he describes as the “authoritarian” Iranian regime. Under the accord, Iran had agreed to limit its sensitive nuclear activities and allow in international inspectors in return for sanctions relief. “In response to a number of troubling and escalatory indications and warnings, the United States is deploying the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group and a bomber task force to the US Central Command region to send a clear and unmistakable message to the Iranian regime that any attack on United States interests or on those of our allies will be met with unrelenting force,” Bolton said Sunday. “The United States is not seeking war with the Iranian regime, but we are fully prepared to respond to any attack, whether by proxy, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, or regular Iranian forces,” he said in a statement.
Shaun Richard is set to become OSU’s associate athletics director for sports administration.Credit: Courtesy of Colgate University AthleticsThe Ohio State Department of Athletics is getting a new face.Shaun Richard has been named to the position of associate athletics director for sport administration, Miechelle Willis, executive associate athletics director for student services and sport administration, announced Tuesday.Richard, a 2003 graduate of the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, will replace senior associate athletic director for sports administration Chris Schneider. Richard will directly oversee multiple OSU programs, including men’s and women’s hockey, according to a press release.He is set to begin at his new position next week, OSU Department of Athletics spokeswoman Leann Parker said in email Tuesday night.“I would like to thank athletics director Gene Smith, Miechelle Willis and the entire search committee for this amazing opportunity,” Richard said in a released statement. “It is both humbling and exciting to be part of the Ohio State family. I look forward to being a part of the continued success of the Ohio State athletic programs and working with the great coaching staffs and outstanding student-athletes who put on the Scarlet and Gray.”Before coming to Columbus, Richard was named the assistant athletics director at Colgate University in November 2008. In July 2011, he was promoted to the position of associate athletics director and has served as the school’s associate director of external operations since July 12, 2012, according to the release.“Shaun will be a great addition to our department,” Willis said, according to the release. “He has broad-based experience in athletics at many levels — as a coach, in the NFL and on the intercollegiate level … His service on a number of university and conference committees, and his experiences with external relations, were a plus.”Prior to his time with the Colgate Raiders, Richard served as the operations manager of the Jason Taylor Foundation in Miami, Fla., in addition to the working for the operations department of the NFL’s Miami Dolphins.The terms of Richard’s salary were not readily available upon request and Richard was not immediately available for comment Tuesday.
Former Leicester City owner Milan Mandaric revealed that he knew successor Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha could lead the club into a glorious era due to his unique characterThe Thai billionaire businessman was one of five victims who perished when his helicopter spun out of control and crashed shortly after Leicester’s 1-1 draw with West Ham United on Saturday.The loss of Srivaddhanaprabha has come as a great shock to the entire football world with tributes being left at the King Power Stadium, where the incident occurred.Now Mandaric, who sold his majority share of Leicester to Srivaddhanaprabha in 2010, is the latest to pay tribute to him.“I didn’t meet too many people like that in my life, so that’s what separates him [from everyone else],” Mandaric told Sky Sports.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“He was just generous with everything, he would never let you pay for coffee and it’s not the money, it’s the way he handled things. You just felt comfortable around him.“I knew they [Leicester] would do well with him, I knew he would win the respect and admiration because he’s that type of person. I just can’t believe it.”When Srivaddhanaprabha took over in 2010, Leicester were just another team in the English Championship.The Foxes were promoted after winning the 2013/14 Championship season and would later stun English football by claiming a shock Premier League title in the 2015/16 campaign in fairytale fashion.Leicester’s Carabao Cup fourth-round tie with Southampton, which was set to be played today, has been postponed.