Ex-Police arrested for threatening to shoot wife

first_imgThree months after charges were dropped against former Cadet Officer Frenz Paul for shooting 15-year-old Alex Griffith during a game of Russian roulette over four years ago, he is back in hot water after he allegedly threatened to shoot his wife with an unlicensed firearm.Based on reports received, the ex-Police was arrested on Monday morning by Police ranks attached to the Ruimveldt Police Station after his reputed wife made a report against him.A source told Guyana Times that Paul cocked the gun and placed it to the woman’s head during an argument in the wee hours of Monday.Upon making the report, a team of Police ranks went to the couple’s SecondCadet Officer Frenz PaulStreet, Alexander Village, Georgetown home and conducted a search during which a .32 pistol with 13 live rounds were found with a single bullet in the breech.The officer was subsequently held at the Georgetown Public Hospital where he sought medical attention for an injured right hand. He told investigators that during the fracas, he struck the hand to a concrete wall. He also reportedly admitted ownership of the illegal firearm with ammunition.The suspect is presently awaiting decision of his re-instatement following the discharging of the charges with regards to the shooting of the teen. That decision rests solely with the Police Service Commission, the Police Force stated in a release to the media.It was reported that on April 30, 2014, the teenager was at a friend’s home when aThe gun and ammunition that was handed over to the Police by the suspectsister of the ex-Policeman was robbed just outside the house. Soon after, several Police ranks appeared at his East La Penitence Squatting area home to question him on the identities of the robbers.During the interrogation, Paul and the then 15-year-old teen had a scuffle during which Griffith allegedly attempted to relieve the Policeman of his weapon. It was then a shot was fired, and the young man was struck.The injured teen was placed into a Police van and taken to the Georgetown Public Hospital. The matter was reported and Paul was placed under close arrest. He was subsequently charged. Those charges were later discharged.Meanwhile, with the present issue at hand, investigations are ongoing.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *